It’s Women’s Month!
To celebrate, I’m launching a new section on my blog called:
Friends of Love, Lauren
The idea is to create a safe, creative space for women to share their personal stories on an existing, professional blog. I know how beneficial contributing to Rebelle Society is for me as a writer and I’d like to give back the same opportunity to aspirant bloggers out there.
Setting up and starting your own blog is time consuming and if well designed, expensive. It’s an ongoing responsibility that not everyone with stories to share has time or capacity for.
There are many of you with life lessons, new experiences or interesting stories that would serve a broader audience and now
This is your chance to have your voice heard!
7 Writing Guidelines
- Stories must be written authentically. Poetry is welcome too. (You can post with love, as yourself, or anonymously).
- You can be from anywhere in the world.
- Topics include: places you go, to things you to, stuff you love, to your favourite lifestyle topics (mine include travel, theatre and dating).
- No work / business topics (on this blog).
- No victim mentalities. Whatever happened – own it. Detail your key learnings and insights. There must be an element of hope so that the outcome, however entertaining, is up-lifting.
- It’s not about self promotion. It’s about sharing to create a connected community.
- Include a picture for the post (with link to where you got it from) that’s at least 640 pixels wide.
To contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Not all pieces submitted will be accepted. I’ll give you feedback.
I’ll let you when your post is live! And know how well it did by keeping track of it for you.
Who knows, maybe you’ll realise that starting your own blog is for you too!
Any questions? Ask in the comments and I’ll get back to you.
The Slay in me recognises the slay in you